Waconia North Launch

bscheig

Waconia North Launch

Postby bscheig » Wed May 10, 2017 9:30 pm

I saw a post in another forum that the North Waconia launch is now closed to us and other users. During a ride on the Dakota Rail Trail, I took the below photos at the launch. One shows a tree next to the actual launch with a no trespassing sign on it. The other shows a couple of no parking signs across the bike path from the launch. There's a forest of no parking signs along the road as well as in the parking lot. The trail IS a part of the Carver County Parks. I got a message from a park worker that the lot was closed due to complaints from residents about people parking there and along the road. She said that it was really out of their hands since only the trail itself is under their jurisdiction. Bummer.

Bill

IMG_1537.JPG
No trespassing

IMG_1538.JPG
No parking signs

Tighe
Site Admin

Re: Waconia North Launch

Postby Tighe » Wed May 10, 2017 9:39 pm

That situation is a challenging one. I know a lot of people are exploring all the angles. If it's private land there may not be much we can do.

The challenge is if they open it up to us, they open it up to everyone and it sounds like there has been some activities there that the owners didn't like...not kiteboarding.

I think we may need to find other north launch options. And I think we're going to have this same issue with any access to the water. When we're not there 80% of the time, others will use the secluded waterside spot for other activities.

Ideas are welcome
End of Session Productions
Slingshot Kiteboarding Demo Manager

jimpat

Re: Waconia North Launch

Postby jimpat » Thu May 11, 2017 10:39 am

Thanks for the info Bill. We'll have to keep our eyes open for waterfront property on the North end of the lake!

Return to “EOS Chat”