Return the stoke to lightwindsurfing

erics

Return the stoke to lightwindsurfing

Postby erics » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:56 am

reposted from other site, new fun is on the horizon for lightwind pole boarders!!

====

2 sessions on a paddle board with Go Foil Maliko under belt. Winds 5-10 - almost got out of the water a few times, pumping 5.2 Sailworks Revo first session (pictured) and yesterday with 6.2 Charge - I'll keep rigging the charge until I get a flight. Light winds and pumping my windsurfing friends! A plus is that you freeking OWN the whole lake upwind. You can go where ever you want. It's like a keel. Rear wave fin redundant - no need. So far it sheds weeds good. Ever see a fish or dolphin with weeds on it? ;) Plus you might get to dust off your small, under used, EXPENSIVE sails you bought to use in the Gorge or twice a year in Minnesota. Even old ones will work, maybe even better than new wave sails.

So, if the winds are light and you see a kook trying to pump a big SUP with a small sail in super light winds... now you'll know. You have knowledge power!

Robbie Naish pumping up on a 4.7 and his new rig in reported 10 MPH (hopefully you've seen this video)

phpBB [video]

And myself with new board and foil. I'm stoked!

Good Winds my friends may the move you on whatever you ride...

Tighe
Site Admin

Re: Return the stoke to lightwindsurfing

Postby Tighe » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:10 pm

Awesome Eric. Would love to give it a try. Loved Robbys video.
End of Session Productions
Slingshot Kiteboarding Demo Manager

Tighe
Site Admin

Postby Tighe » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:01 am

Eric have you been able to pump the board only to get onto a foil? Seen a few do this but it looks challenging. Great core workout for sure. I'd think it would be easier to stay on a foil once going by pumping but getting up onto a foil would be tough. Maybe next time we're out I could pull you up onto a foil (me on a twin tip and kite).

Still love your idea of a downwinder on Mille, riding the swells. I'd be your tow up onto foil and camera man if you want.

Love that you're pushing the bounds and discovering other foiling options.

ride on

erics

Postby erics » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:46 pm

I have not been able to get the board to do much of anything with a paddle and or pumping only. You can definitely feel it under you doing something but I need a little "push" this is where the sail is coming in handy! If there's sharp texture from a gust on the water I try to get it flying. I've only had the one session with a few flights under my belt but I'm gonna go out to Waconia today after work here. Might even be TOO much wind later... Did I just say too much wind? SLAP ME!

Here's the 6.2 wave sail that I got lift off with the other day...

Tighe
Site Admin

Postby Tighe » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:21 am

phpBB [video]

Looking goooood

Return to “EOS Chat”