Attachments
IMG_1470.JPG
I'd rather be kiting
Geoff

Geo

Re: Sheep in the field at FH

Postby Geo » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:22 pm

And sunny!

KO and Terry and I had a complete gift of an afternoon.
Saturday night was showing possibilities up there, but also rain shower potential. This morning was so crappy at home I didn't even want to get out of bed let alone leave the house. But, peer pressure is a good thing. You don't want to let your buddy down, even though you are mostly relying on him to be your excuse to go. And KO, of course is an obsessively reliable source for data on what the conditions are likely to be.
We arrived at noon. Patchy clouds and sun but solid mid 20s. We all flew 8s until about 4:30. Wind cycled up and down as the systems passed, but the big Lake kept all of the bad stuff away. It ramped up to solid 35 or so on our 2nd session, then down to the 20s after a half hour.
The waves turned to big streamlined school busses turning us into screaming children.
Left in warm, sunny conditions with universal gratitude that we were able to get each other to go out to play and have the endorphins imprint our brains permanently with powerful Wind Mojo.

Thank you thank you. Gonna be those awesome dreams tonight of weightless floating on a water carpet.
I'd rather be kiting
Geoff

TjDunklee

Postby TjDunklee » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:46 am

Thanks for sharing your Father Hennepin score! I'm incredibly jealous...

Tighe
Site Admin

Postby Tighe » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:41 am

Oh my that sounds so lovely. Father Hennepin is the best the state has to offer when conditions are right. Sounds like it all came together for you guys.
Thanks for the story. Always great reading about others ride specially if we were not able to get out.
End of Session Productions
Slingshot Kiteboarding Demo Manager

Return to “EOS Chat”