Memorial Day Weekend Wind

Tighe
Site Admin

Memorial Day Weekend Wind

Postby Tighe » Fri May 26, 2017 8:46 am

This weekend is shaping up nicely. Saturday looks like a great day to do projects and make headway on the Honey-do list, or spend time with family. Sunday the winds come in. Looking like maybe a later afternoon thing. NW, so Waconia or Mahtomedi may be good options. Monday the big winds come in. Strong NWers. WAC and Mahtomedi again may be good, as well as Father Hennepin on Mille or Pepin City. Would love to get another big day down on Pepin! Keeping an eye on it.

Build up credit tomorrow so you can disappear when the winds come.
aaaaa.jpg
aaaaaaaaa.jpg
End of Session Productions
Slingshot Kiteboarding Demo Manager

erics

Re: Memorial Day Weekend Wind

Postby erics » Fri May 26, 2017 2:36 pm

this is good! Where are folks considering going on a NW besides WaC - will be busy at boat ramps probably...

Tighe
Site Admin

Postby Tighe » Sat May 27, 2017 5:16 pm

yes good point Eric.

Love the Way, mainly for the post sess hangout, but you are right probably lots of boaters tomorrow...though it will be windy so maybe not.

Medicine is an option though not sure if will be North enough. You want a good true NW for it to be solid. Wildwood on White Bear has some of the best port Ramps for NW. They get really clean. Again though best true NW. The advantage of Wildwood is you can get out in the main body of the lake and get the more westerly fetch, even riding in front of Mahtomedi Beach.

My favorite NW is lake city on Pepin. If it goes more west Pepin City is awesome as well. Looks like Monday may be better for Pepin than Sunday.

There has been a launch on the south side of Washington though I don't know if it still exists. If I remember correctly you had to work your way out of some taller grasses growing in the water. Jerry would know more.

You throwing up a kite tomorrow Eric? Let me know if you don't have the right size. You can demo/ride any of mine.

psyched for the upcoming two days. Let's play!

Tighe
Site Admin

Postby Tighe » Mon May 29, 2017 9:30 am

WOW what a day yesterday! After a rather challenging gusty first session the second session was a so powered...until it ramped up one more notch. Bit scary getting in. That last session in the glowing light of end of day was superb. Sorry no photos, just great memories. So good to see everyone.

Tighe
Site Admin

Postby Tighe » Mon May 29, 2017 10:48 am

Wildwood for me today. Probably around 1

Randyl

Postby Randyl » Mon May 29, 2017 12:33 pm

See you there!
Randy Lindorff
The Schroeder Group
RE/MAX Results
Call or Text me @ 651-398-0477

Tighe
Site Admin

Postby Tighe » Mon May 29, 2017 9:58 pm

Another great session. The wind was a bit fickle but plenty for a 12m. If you can jump to the moon it's a good day.

Beware of Good Chad...he jumps over people.

happy thank you more please ; )

TjDunklee

Postby TjDunklee » Mon May 29, 2017 11:31 pm

Such a wonderful long weekend of wind! Both Sunday and Monday were exciting on Waconia. It was great seeing everybody out on the water, even when we were trying to survive that squall on Sunday!!!

Return to “EOS Chat”